Beaches In Kerala
Situated on the stretch of land between the Western Ghats and the Arabian Sea in the southern tip of Indian peninsula, is Kerala, a heaven of greenery. “One of the destinations in the world you must see before you die,” says National Geographic Traveler, about the state.
Watch elephants and tigers during a safari in a evergreen jungles of Idukki and Wayanad. Go boating on the Periyar Lake in Thekkady, swim at Cherai Beach near Cochin, go mountain climbing and caving in Edakkal in Wayanad... there’s all this and much more to do in Kerala. Blessed with natural evergreen forests and exotic wildlife, along with an enchanting 600-km coastline along the Arabian Sea, the place is a unique mixture of nature’s wonders.
The beaches of Kerala are the testimonials for God’s expertise in making things unimaginably simple but unexplainably beautiful and enchanting. These beaches are true tropical paradises, some of them tranquil and secluded while others are energetic and fun filled. Coastal life of Kerala can be best observed in these areas. Get to know the lifestyle of the people.
Along with the tropical summer experience these getaway beach destinations have a lot on offer. Health tourism is another important facet of these destinations that provide traditional Indian ayurvedic t treatments, massages, rejuvenation therapies thus. More than just the beach and waves, you have a variety of activities to choose from, ranging from extraordinary local food to enthralling backwater rides and celebrated snake boat races.
In Kerala, the beaches are popular even during the monsoon season, along with the usual summer. This has given rise to another stream of tourism known as Monsoon Tourism.
- ALAPPUZHA BEACH - is a beach in the Allepey district of Kerala, India.
- CHERAI BEACH - is located in Vypin island, Kochi, India. Cherai Beach is just 25 km from Kochi.
- KAPPAD BEACH - or Kappakadavu locally, is famous as the beach near Calicut.
- BEYPORE BEACH - or Beypur is a small coastal census town in Kozhikode district.
- BEKAL BEACH - Bekal is a small town on the eastern shore of Kerala state, South India.
- KAPPIL BEACH - located about 12 km from Kasaragod.
- KOVALAM BEACH - is a beach town on the Arabian Sea in Kerala.
- SHANKUMUGHAM BEACH - is a beach in Thiruvananthapuram district of Kerala, south India.
- PADINJAREKKARA BEACH - also known as Padinjarekara Beach.
- THIRUMULLAVARAM BEACH - is located at 6 km north of kollam.
- THANGASSERY BEACH - located 5 km from Kollam town.
- KIZHUNNA EZHARA BEACH - located 11 kms from kannur.
- MARARI BEACH - 11 km from Alappuzha (Alleppey) town.
- MUZHUPPILANGAD BEACH - 15 kms from Kannur.
- PAYYAMBALAM BEACH - is a beach in Kannur district of Kerala.
- VARKALA BEACH - also known as Papanasam beach is a beach in Varkala, Kerala.
- VALLIKKUNNU BEACH - 26 Kms away from Malappuram .
- EZHIMALA BEACH - 55 km from Kannur.